the FLEXI France site. This new equipment was ordered by the TECHNIP Group’s center of expertise for flexible pipe technology.
Carbon fiber amrouring machine of flexible pipes
On the sea bed, the temperature does not exceed 4°C, while the pressure increases by 1 bar for every 10 meters up to 300 bars to 3000 meters. The challenge for manufacturing flexible new generation is to reduce the weight of the reinforcement layers which provides thermal insulation and mechanical strength. Technip has entrusted Sarrazin with the design and construction of new equipment able to put layers of carbon fiber on flexible pipe. Production tests are planned in 2014 summer.
- Design and mechanical calculations, electrical and automation design.
- Achieving subsets prototypes.
- Total manufacturing (fabrication – welding, machining, surface treatment).
- Electricity and machine automation.
- Assembly and factory tests.
- Transport, reassembly and site acceptance tests.